[Peace-discuss] TV Seeks Peace Campaigners

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Wed Oct 27 19:34:00 CDT 2004

Giving up television (PBS too!) years ago was tough at first, but visiting this website once again enforced the correctness of my decision.  Here are some of the shows they've made:

Under The Knife With Miss Evans: Miss Evans is Britain's leading genito urinary surgeon * and she uses her scalpel in unspeakable places.

FHM Bikini Heaven: Sexy, but never sexist, this modern show re-invents the classic search for the ideal woman, with character to match her looks. FHM Bikini Heaven is the final stage in the worldwide search for a woman with J-Lo's sexiness, Angelina Jolie's attitude and Madonna's wits.

Nobody Likes A Smartass: Everyone knows a smartass. From the pub bore to the office know-it-all, there's always someone somewhere with an answer to everything. Wouldn't it be great to knock them off their pedestals? To take them down a peg or two and prove that they're not quite as clever as they think they are?

Wife Swap in America: Wife Swap is a reality show unlike any other. Two wives take the ultimate challenge and exchange families for two weeks, each day returning from their ordinary day job to their new household, husband and children.

My God, how much time do people waste watching this sh*t!

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

Office: B129A
           (217)-353-2246

>>> "jandurl" <jandurl at insightbb.com> 10/27/2004 4:58:33 PM >>>
I was contacted by this person because of our effort with UFPJ in NYC.  She
is looking for families with children still living at home that are involved
in the Anti-War/ Peace movement.  Any AWARE folks with kids interested?  She
sounds British so that maybe a plus for "fair and balanced".  She assures me
ABC is letting this happen "for real".  She does return calls and it may be
an opportunity for a local family to assist with getting our perspective
into the mainstream.
JAN Kruse