[Peace-discuss] P4P4P on 10/30

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 28 13:56:49 CDT 2004

P4P4P = Prepare for Prospect for Peace =8-)

For next Saturday, the weather might be a bit dicey - maybe a storm and
WINDY. But, as we know, that won't stop us - we'll still be out in force.

Preparation to-do's:

1. Does anyone have copies of our incident report forms?

2. Bob I. is the police contact - he will call the Police front desk
(351-4545) at noon on Saturday to:
  - give notice of the demonstration
  - get name and badge number of the police supervisor(s) during the
demonstration and he'll be ready
    to contact them directly if necessary (see below)

3. Jan K. will collect contact information (Jan, let me know if you need a
clipboard).

4. I'll  make sure we have a copy of the leafleting permission letter from
the City of Champaign.

5. I'll be videotaping.

Reminder: What to do if there are problems with police officers
1. Get the problem officer's name and badge number.

2. Immediately contact the police supervisor on duty by cell phone.

3. If problems remain unresolved, contact Lt. Gallo on the next business
day.

Reminder: What to do if there are problems with passing drivers
1. License plate number! Write it down.

2. Look at the offender so you can identify them to the police. If the
vehicle is threatening us, focus on being able to identify the DRIVER.

3. AFTER the above, try to make sure the video taker gets footage of the
offender.