[Peace-discuss] P4P4P (Prepare for Prospect for Peace =8-)

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 2 13:49:11 CDT 2004

Prospect for Peace is this Saturday. Weather looks good right now - partly
cloudy, 83 degrees, 20% chance of rain.

Preparation to-do's:

1. Assign a police contact with access to a cell phone.

Need someone to volunteer for this...

2. Our police contact calls Police front desk (351-4545) at noon on day of
event to:
  - give notice of the demonstration
  - get name and badge number of police supervisor during the demonstration
and confirm  precisely how to directly contact them.

Whoever volunteers for (1) above would take care of this.

3. Make sure we have a copy of the leafleting letter and incident report
form on site.

I can bring a copy of the letter.
Does anyone have copies of the incident report forms? I don't think we had
them last time.

4. Arrange to videotape the demonstration.

I'll be there, videocam in-hand =8-)

Reminder: What to do if there are problems with police officers
1. Get the problem officer's name and badge number.

2. Immediately contact the police supervisor on duty by cell phone.

3. If problems remain unresolved, contact Lt. Gallo on the next business
day.

Reminder: What to do if there are problems with passing drivers
1. License plate number! Write it down.

2. Look at the offender so you can identify them to the police. If the
vehicle is threatening us, focus on being able to identify the DRIVER.

3. AFTER the above, try to make sure the video taker gets footage of the
offender.