[Peace-discuss] From James Sobotka's Blog: Should Wayne Ma fire him?

David Green davegreen48 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 21:15:00 CDT 2004

>From James Sobotka’s blog:

My response to David Green has upset him. I would be
upset about being called a racist too, and that's why
I wrote him. At the moment, my job at the Daily Illini
hangs in the balance. I might be fired, or I might
not. One way or the other, I will not let it go.

Now, regarding the comment at the bottom of my blog
post, Wayne Ma did not post that comment. Someone
else, possibly the "noted bigot", did. Whoever posted
it, in Wayne's name, who had nothing to do with this,
is a coward.

Here though is a question that has been running
through my mind: David Green writes that a large
portion of campus supportive of Israel are racists. He
wrote this not just in the email I received, but in
the another letter that was actually published.

He is not repremanded, despite the fact that he has
written more in the Daily Illini than I have. In fact,
he is encouraged by the response to say it again.

I tell the devil he is a devil, and I'm the one who
might be fired.

Do the words "double standard" come to mind?

They do for me.

I'll keep everyone updated on the situation as it
develops.

David Green is a Racist
I sent off my reply to David Green. Below is my reply.
Note that I toned it down a bit, for the children:
David,

Ordinarily I don't respond to the Matt Hale type, but
since you're such a noted bigot on campus it's my duty
as a moral being to stand against you.

You're right when you say there is only one acceptable
form of racism on campus, but you're a bit confused.
This racism is anti-Semitism, known euphemistically as
anti-Zionism. As Martin Luther King Jr. spoke, after a
young man criticized Zionists, “Don’t talk like that!
When people criticise Zionists, they mean Jews. You’re
talking Anti-Semitism.” (Encounter Magazine, Dec.
1969, p. 24) Moreover, the Roman Catholic Church –
which knows a little a something about the topic –
recently declared that anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism.
Of course I doubt either of these facts will move you
from your position, because while the moral people of
the world were denouncing this, while the European
Union was busy studying these problems, while Danil
Pearl was being murdered for being a Jew, in short
while the rest of the world gradually became aware of
the growing danger of anti-Semitism promising "Never
Again" you sir encouraged these natural demons to rise
up.

And that, Mr. Green, is why you are the most notable
bigot on campus.

I pity you, I really do. You have been so corrupted by
tall tales by the PLO that you can scarcely tell
reality from fiction. Whether or not the first
intifada was a popular uprising or not has no bearing
on my opinion of Yasser Arafat. He is a monster. From
the 1972 Olympics where his organization murdered
eleven Israeli athletes to the present, he deserves
swift death. Perhaps you don't realize it, but
Arafat's PLO was calling for the liberation of
Palestine before the West Bank was captured by the
Israelis. I know you have a small mind, but perhaps
even it could realize what this would mean for the
Jews. A bullet and a shallow grave are really too good
for Arafat, but the Israeli people are a moral people
and will not descend into the barbarism of the
Palestinians.

I have no such trust in the morality of the
Palestinian people. They have turned the West Bank
into a death cult. Their children attend summer camps
where they learn to be suicide bombers. Their
leadership sends children against tanks, hoping
they'll be shot for propaganda purposes. They cheered
on September 11. They shoot pregnant women and
children on their way to protest. They invade
Christian holy sites and desecrate them. They use
ambulances to deliver explosives. They barge into the
Passover meal and blow themselves up, sprinking the
blood of their elderly victims on the maztah. They
describe the Jews as the sons of pigs and monkeys.
They threaten the press. They stifle free speech. They
protest the wall as their leaders make money selling
Israelis concrete. They adore Adolf Hitler and hope to
finish the job he started.

Of course you'll probably attribute their actions to
the Jews, just like I'm sure you believe that Beslan
and the actions on Sept 11 were carried out by the
Jews. With those opinions you're in the company of a
large portion of the Arab world. I'm sure you know all
about their fanaticism, their bigotry, their tyrannts,
their stoning of homosexuals, their sub-human
treatment of women, their jihad, their self-loathing,
their dhimmis, their genocides, their slave markets,
their child molestation, their murderous theology,
their traditions, and their immoral prophet, book, and
god!

And moreover, I am sure whole-heartedly approve of all
of it.

Against such evil, it is rather difficult not to see
the good in nations such as Israel, India, Britain,
Australia, Russia, and the United States. Yet you have
choosen to join the ranks of the souless. Mr. Green we
are at war and the stakes have never been higher.
Either we shall triumph or darkness the likes the
world has never seen shall sweep the globe.

I will not stand with those whose only hope in life is
to take their own lives and the lives of others. I
will not encourage a theology that makes killing and
enslaving the infidel a religious duty. I will not
mask the Middle East, but will actively seek to pull
the mask off their lies.

You Mr. Green have choosen to support, to encourage,
and to cover up evil.

And you son of a bitch you know it.

I have choosen to support, to encourage, and to expand
whatever good exists in the world.

And you son of a bitch you know it too.

You and I Mr. Green are on opposite sides of a war of
ideas. I might not have your degrees, your resources,
or your years of hypocrisy to back me, but I have the
hearts, minds, and souls of every moral man from Moses
and Socrates to Sharon and Bush.

And you know what else you son of a bitch? You know
the truth and this knowledge daily eats away at
whatever is left of your soul.

My words have been harsh, but I do not appreciate
being called a racist, and I doubt you do either. If
you wish to discuss the relative merits of Israeli
actions, I am open to discussion, but I will not
discuss anti-Semitism as a respectable philosophy.
Your views, if implemented, would result in a second
holocaust. Either you are too stupid to understand
this, or are hoping for it. I don't know which way you
lean, but I have an idea.

Until you are willing to accept Israel's right to
exist, then please fuck off.

James Sobotka
I like the please fuck off at the end. I'll keep you
posted on his replies, as I'm pretty sure David Green
will be livid after this email.

In other news, a reporter who was standing too close
to an Arab crowd attacking Americans in Iraq yesterday
was killed by U.S. forces. While I know it was an
accident that the U.S. hit him, I hope it sends a
message to reporters: The United States military will
defend itself and its personel. If you are where you
shouldn't be, don't expect us to compromise our saftey
for your own. That goes doubly for the reporters who
serve as human shields for our enemies.

For the Record
Well I've done some research about David Green and
here's what I've found. He's a member of AWARE,
Anti-War, Anti-Racism Effort. He also wrote something
for the Palestinian Solidarity Review trying to smooth
over the hundreds of thousands of Jews expelled from
Muslim Middle Easten countries.

I've got a response to his Friday Forum, but I'm
debating if I'll send it to him. On the one hand he
called me a racist; on the other hand, it's a bit much
even by my standards. For instance, here's a taste of
it:
Look it up next time you masturbate to Jewish
concentration camp victims.
I'll sleep on whether or not I'll send it to him. He's
a prick and deserves it, but even I have standards.

Low standards, but standards none-the-less.

In other, non-Convention news, Berlin is going to be
hosting the First Arab Islamic Congress in Europe this
year. LGF has more, as always. What's amazing about
this is how the delegates declare in their principal
document their entent to fight for their "culture,
tradition, and religion." Ordinarily I'm squimish
about immigration because new immigrants naturally
bring with them new customs, which, if they retain
them, will naturally eat away at my customs.
Fortunately most immigrants adapt rather quickly to
their home countries.

However, large influxes of immigrants, such as the
Irish in the 1850's and the Mexicans today, develop
neighborhoods that resist assimilation. This results
in a society within a society, which can tear society
apart, at the societital level naturally enough. When
a rather large minority, such as the Arabs in Europe,
make a point that they will not assimilate, that's a
problem. What that large minority has very little in
common with the majority, that's really a bad
combination.

When the small minority comes from countries where
sexually active and drug dealing sixteen year olds are
regularly hanged in public are within a larger
majority group where promiscuity and drugs are
practically birth rights, then you've got a situation
that could be potentially nuclear in a few years.

Oh, if you need a laugh, check out this story. I will
not vouch for its validity, but it's quite
entertaining.

Greetings to Daily Illini Readers
Greetings, Salutations, yada yada,

Today is the beginning of a new era at the University
of Illinois for freedom of speech and diversity of
thought. Why?

The reign of Roaa Al-Heeti has come to an end as
editor of the Daily Illini. Under her watch the Daily
Illini became one of the most partisan papers in the
country toward all things liberal. Moreover, its
coverage and rhetoric regarding the Middle East made
Al-Jazeera look like Israeli sympathizers. The distain
she showed toward conservatives and Republicans knew
no bounds. It was a time when a vast majority of the
columnists were unrepentant leftists, and though Matt
Diller bravely tried to hold down the fort, no one
rose up against them.

Conservatives rejoice, a new day is beginning where we
shall rise up. Today we cast off the shackles, clean
our wounds, take off our rags, dress in new clothes,
arm ourselves, and move forth victoriously against our
foe. Today our fight shall be brought to the Daily
Illini, for today I, who most of you do not know but
soon shall, become a part of their staff.

However, my work on this site will continue. You may
consider vivalablog as an unofficial counterpart to
the Daily Illini. Here I will publish the stories that
counter liberal myths, the opinions deemed politically
incorrect, and the thoughts that explain the world
instead of pad your professor’s paycheck. Here, in
short, shall be the truth, and the truth shall set you
free.

The Muslim world could decide tomorrow to stop the war
against the West. The Arabs have six million square
miles of land with an ocean of oil beneath it. They
have their two holiest cities, Mecca and Medina. They
could give their Palestinian brothers a state tomorrow
(in addition to Jordan, which is 70% Palestinian),
give every one of them a bar of gold and beach front
property in the Sinai, or vast tracts of land in the
Fertile Crescent that would dwarf the West Bank and
Gaza. Between the Arabs' oil wealth and Israel's
scientific skill, the entire Middle East could be a
thriving hub of culture, commerce, and life, not
death. My God, how the desert would bloom.

This could happen tomorrow, but it won't. The tragic
unfortunate fact is that the Muslim world is massively
insecure, and they over-compensate for this insecurity
by lashing out with bellicosity. It's simply easier to
hate than to think. It's easier to embrace the dark
side than to see the light.

Reason III: All of these reasons might be either
forgiven, hidden, or fixed in my application. Though
the Good Lord decided in his infinate wisdom to create
me without tact, I do know how to lie effectively. Yet
there's another fact that, if you haven't been reading
for a while, you don't know about. This fact has I'm
sure made an impression upon Roaa's mind.

You see, I am the person responsible for the Daniel
Pipes kerfuffle.

[Here's the background of the Daniel Pipes kerfuffle
for those of you who don't know what happened. This
December Daniel Pipes was sponsered by Hillel and
other campus groups to come speak on campus. For
months before this, the Daily Illini published several
columns and letters that were negative of him,
accusing him of racism and advocating genocide. There
were no opinions supporting him that were printed.
When Daniel Pipes finally spoke, he spent the end of
his speech pointing this out and their use of
Anti-Semitic images. In the aftermath, his remarks,
his beliefs, and the Daily Illini itself became the
topic on the editorial pages until sometime in
February.]

I won't go into specifics about the entire thing, but
if you check my archives between November and
December, I kept track of what happened in detail.
Among other things, an article I wrote was published
on Front Page. Front Page averages around sixty
million hits a month. My story was there for three
days. The entire blogosphere became aware of her
activities, knowledge that was previously confined to
Champaign-Urbana.

In short, I'm the one responsible for making Roaa
known throughout the blogosphere as a puppet of CAIR.

Now, I don't know what, if anything, happened to her
following this story. I do know that it would be very
strange, to say the least, to work for someone you
caused to be branded a political hack.

All of these points taken together are the reasons why
I believe I wasn't hired this summer as a columnist.
You might disagree with how much they affected my
outcome, but I think all of them had something to do
with it.

Hopefully Wayne Ma as the editor this fall will look
past these issues in my resume and hire me. By the
way, Wayne Ma, if you're reading this, please hire me.