[Peace-discuss] UPTV

Morton K.Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Tue Sep 14 10:39:04 CDT 2004

Randall and all,

A friend of mine  this morning who attended the UPTV meeting yesterday
had an interesting take about the obvious obstructionism taking place
relative to our effort to get Democracy Now! televised on the local
channel. He believes that Mayor Satterthwaite is less adverse to the TV
program DN! than he is to members of the Urbana City Council who have
"crossed him"-- Danielle C., Laura H,  especially. His present (and
past) behavior can be seen simply and deplorably as a case of immature
vindictiveness. He will tend to obstruct whatever they may be for.

After listening to the entirely specious arguments he evidently put
forward, reported this morning on WILL, I think my friend has a valid
point. It seems outrageous that with over 1000 local petition
signatures supporting our request, we are being led on this run-around.
My friend pointed out that myriads of stations, from California to
Maine,  are carrying the program on local TV, even in such (nuclear
weapons making) communities like Livermore, CA, and Los Alamos, NM.

In other words, there is no decent excuse for the persistent balking in
considering our UPTV request on the part of the local administration
except either dislike for the program, which Satterthwaite denies, or
less honest reasons.

MKB