[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Letter to the Ed (1 of 2)

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Tue Sep 14 16:46:30 CDT 2004

David,

This is what's known as a preemptive strike.  Mr Slobotka has a right to defend  himself and the U.S. of A. against opinions like your before they are made public.  We're all a lot safer this way.

Jenifer C.
Dear Wayne:

     On Saturday, I submitted the letter you find at
the bottom of this message to the Daily Illini
Opinions Editer, who is you. This morning, I received
the following response from James Sobotaka, a
columnist who is one of the subjects of my letter.

      Exactly how has this happened? Mr. Sobotka is
welcome to respond to me in print, or personally after
the publication of my forum submission. But to receive
a response like this--and such a nasty one-- before my
letter's publication is a breach of confidentiality. I
would like to inquire how this has happened.

      Beyond that, I think that Sobotka's tone speaks
for itself. He has a forum in the DI, and you are
welcome to publish his venom. But I think that you
should make an effort to bring the Arab/Muslim
community into this disucssion in a more serious way.

Sincerely,

David Green