[Peace-discuss] Fwd:Will we ever fight back?

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sun Sep 19 10:15:13 CDT 2004

>From Howard Dean's Democracy for America....seeking change from the bottom up..... I think we Progressives can support many of these candidates w/o compromising our ideals too much..... Jenifer C.
Dear Jenifer,

A lot of people ask why Governor Dean and DFA spend so much time focusing on state and local races. The answer is simple: we have to support good candidates now to create the future leaders of our party.

The right-wing started a generation ago -- Tom DeLay was elected to the Texas State House in 1978, John Ashcroft was elected Missouri Auditor in 1973, and Rick Santorum was elected to the U.S. House in 1990 at the age of 32.

Our time has come -- let's support candidates at every level who will quit being afraid, speak the truth, and fight for what they believe in:

http://www.democracyforamerica.com/contribute

The last few weeks have been tough. And you can probably sense that the next few weeks will be tougher. Dick Cheney says that electing John Kerry will mean more terrorist attacks. The keynote speaker at the Republican convention said that Kerry won't defend our country. Republicans at every level are trashing Democrats and fueling a politics of hate.

Last week Governor Dean wrote to you about what's being done to Tom Daschle. In less than two days, you put a nearly a quarter million dollars into the most competitive Senate race in the country. Now Tom Daschle is hitting back. You made that happen.

We have to stand up and fight. And, Democracy for America is about supporting the candidates who do. With your help, we have directly supported over 250 candidates on the ballot this fall -- and we will support at least another 250 before the election. Will you help?

http://www.democracyforamerica.com/contribute

Senate candidate Betty Castor's opponent in Florida won his primary by gay baiting and calling his fellow Republican a tool of the "radical homosexual lobby." And Senate candidate Barack Obama's opponent is telling the people of Illinois that Jesus Christ wouldn't vote for a Democrat.

It all boils down to one thing: desperation. Republicans everywhere know that they can't run on George Bush's record of lost jobs, lost healthcare coverage and lost respect in the world. Their candidates for every level of office are lying, smearing and trying to divide people.

Castor and Obama are tough candidates who will fight back -- that trait is central to being part of the Dean Dozen. Contribute now to support candidates like them in races across the country, at every level:

http://www.democracyforamerica.com/contribute

With your help we can win and take our country back. Thank you.

Tom McMahon
Executive Director
Democracy for America

P.S. Learn more about our strong, socially progressive, fiscally responsible candidates running for every level of office:
www.democracyforamerica.com/candidates

---

http://www.democracyforamerica.com/contribute

|Paid for by Democracy for America, www.democracyforamerica.com,    |
|and not authorized by any candidate.  Contributions to Democracy   |