[Peace-discuss] counts - as if it was some way of measuring effectiveness

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 23 17:33:03 CDT 2005

I think it is amazing that the media only seems to be
interested in reporting the number of Americans who die in
Iraq. As if this was some measure of effectiveness. And Bush
keeps saying that we need to honor those who have died by
continuing to do what he is doing.

Other counts I would like to know:
How many Iraqis have died since our invasion?
How many of them are women and children?
How many of the dead were carrying arms?
How many prisoners have we taken?
How many have had trials?
How many have been tortured?
How many homes have we burst into?
How many of the US soldiers have been killed by friendly fire?
How many insurgents are there? How many "terrorists" existed
in Iraq before the invasion.
How many of ally troops have been killed?
How many wounded in each category?
How many unemployed Iraqiis before the invasion? How many now?
How many houses are without water? How many before the
invasion?
... and the list goes on and on.