[Peace-discuss] Fwd: [PDI] American Legion Declares War on Peace Movement

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 12:52:42 CDT 2005

Eric Angell <eric-angell at comcast.net> wrote:From: "Eric Angell" <eric-angell at comcast.net>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:57:23 -0500
CC:
Subject: [PDI] American Legion Declares War on Peace Movement

Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy ride...

From: http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/08/25/1342217:

American Legion Declares War on Peace Movement
The organization the American Legion has voted at its national convention to target peace activists and the antiwar movement. The group boasts nearly 3 million members. The group's national commander called for an end to all "public protests" and what he called "media events" against the war, even though they are protected by the Bill of Rights. Thomas Cadmus told the convention "The American Legion will stand against anyone and any group that would demoralize our troops, or worse, endanger their lives by encouraging terrorists to continue their cowardly attacks against freedom-loving peoples. The delegates voted to use whatever means necessary to "ensure the united backing of the American people to support our troops and the global war on terrorism."

http://mail.yahoo.com