[Peace-discuss] The Christmas He Dreamed for All of Us

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 22 07:13:50 CST 2005

Phil Stinard wrote:
>If you're going to turn a religious holiday into a
>secular holiday, what's the point in having Christmas at all?

Actually, we borrowed the holiday; Christmas is a combination
of  Zagmuk, Sacaea, Winter Solstice rituals, Yuletide,
Saturnalia, and other pagan traditions.

And the point of "having Christmas at all" has a little bit to
do with honoring selflessness, loving our brothers and
sisters, a renewal of hope, and forgiveness for the times that
we separate ourselves.

Peace and all good,
-karen medina