[Peace-discuss] RE: The Christmas He Dreamed for All of Us

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 29 19:31:40 CST 2005

>From: "Paul M. King" <pmking at uiuc.edu>
>Question: What would it mean for AWARE to have substantive
>dialogue with the mainstream Christian community? What do we
>want from them? What can we give them? What is the best way
to develop genuine relationships with them for the purpose of
>building future coalitions?

Having a dialogue with the mainstream Christian community is
a tough question. If anyone has suggestions, please offer
them.

It has been suggested that we contact a minister or the
leaders of the church. Contacting these people when they are
not interested in what you have to say is the first obstacle.
The second obstacle is that the ministers are not the
congregation, nor are they necessarily the gate to the
congregation. So even if we succeed in having a conversation
with a minister, there is still no contact with members of
the church who might be interested in discussing the
situation in Iraq.

Suggestions?

-karen medina