[Peace-discuss] Support the troops? Fallujah

Paul M. King pmking at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 10 13:32:56 CST 2005

i just forwarded this story to a friend of mine and his
response follows:

"...but i'm skeptical: with the hundreds of imbedded reporters
-- including those accompanying the troops during the fallujah
invasion -- why wasn't this story splashed on the front page
of the new york times? while there is no doubt some very ugly
shit slips through the cracks that we never hear about, i
think this story lacks credibility..."

where do i start? any suggestions? i don't have the patience
to debate this with him. is there a good, concise and
illuminating article or interview i can send him that will
describe with some thoroughness how our system of propoganda
works? i've been trying to get him to stop watching fox news
for quite some time now and haven't been able to. thanks!

..:: paul