[Peace-discuss] Support the troops? Fallujah

Morton K.Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Thu Feb 10 14:08:00 CST 2005

One might say to your friend that the embedded reporters have hardly
told us anything about the devastation and cruelty of the Iraqi
invasion, hardly anything critical of their soldier compatriots. They
would not be well treated if they did.

As for the NYT, it serves largely as an echo sheet of the
administration, with exceptions for some of its columnists. Remember
all the lies the NYT headlined at the advent of, and before, the Iraq
invasion.One surely can't rely of that so-called "paper of record".
How to convince your friend? I don't know. One just has to have a
memory and be informed from other sources. There is no doubt in my mind
that the Fallujah "invasion(?)" was an atrocity and  all involved in it
would be tried for war crimes if there were justice in this world; we
have ample evidence from various sources now, not just Jamaal [The
Guardian of UK has been a partial source: See for example the site

  http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardianfilms/fallujah.],

and of course the fact that independent reporters were kept out of
there leads one to that belief.  That the U.S. first targeted the
hospitals in Fallujah should tell reasonable people that something
horrible was in progress.

Just can't help responding to your query. Your friend just doesn't WANT
to believe; it condemns all he has been fighting "for".

Regards, Mort