[Peace-discuss] Forgiveness Weekend program schedule

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 14 11:30:37 CST 2005

The rather headlong nature of your post makes it difficult to answer,
Danielle, and you indicate that you don't want to discuss the matter by
e-mail anyway (and that you were not "able to face [me] at the meeting
yesterday"...?)

I don't believe I mentioned the matter at any meeting yesterday.  What I
did do was send you a question after the AWARE meeting: "What,
specifically, is the disenfranchisement of felons that this conference
seeks to end?" The question seemed quite straightforward to me.

Randall offered what seemed to me to be an answer from a party with an
interest in the matter, and we discussed it.  But I now understand him to
say that it was at best a partial or tentative indication of what an
answer would be.

You know that I agree that drug laws and resulting imprisonments are not
accidental evils in our society, but instead malign mechanisms of social
control that must be opposed politically. But I still don't know what,
specifically, is the disenfranchisement of felons that your conference
seeks to end.

Regards, Carl