[Peace-discuss] Evan Thomas on Focus 580

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Wed Feb 16 20:05:27 CST 2005

I think David Inge is about the worst interviewer I've ever heard, no, take that back -- I think I'll give that to Charlie Rose. PBR, PBS ..... I second everything David said.  Did anyone catch NOW this past Friday?  Totally mainsteam/coverage of the war, our brave troops dealing with the "insurgents."  It looked like a gov't-made propaganda film.... (Okay, at the very, very end they interviewed a guy who was called up -- hadn't read the fine print on the separation papers when he last served, sneaky Army)  I can't imagine Bill Moyer ever showing something so pro war.  Very diaheartening.

Jenifer C.
I don't usually use peace-discuss to ventilate, but I
thought that David Inge's hour with Evan Thomas of
Newsweek this morning on Focus 580 (which I listened
to while at work) was one of the most pathetically
stupid interviews that I've ever heard on this show.
Completely superficial, banal, pointless, perpetuating
all of the mainstream conventional wisdom about how
people vote, and of course not considering why most
people don't vote. Unfortunately, there were no
callers to disrupt the proceedings, except marginally.
I'm wondering if NPR losing its funding would actually
be a good thing, to give liberals a wake up call. I
know that we have a lot of work to do, but do we
really need to have this much?

David
Peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net