[Peace-discuss] Medea Benjamin to visit UIUC...

Walling, Jennifer jwalling at law.uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 28 16:50:11 CST 2005

Hey Peace list,

I just wanted to give you all the heads up that the UIUC Campus Greens is
bringing Medea Benjamin to campus on February 22nd to speak.  I think most
people know who she is (The co-founder of Code Pink), but check out an
extended bio here

http://www.globalexchange.org/getInvolved/speakers/12.html
<http://www.globalexchange.org/getInvolved/speakers/12.html>

We haven't picked a specific topic yet (likely to be War and Grassroots
Activism) so if anyone has any request, let me know.

I'm aware that this is the date of the primary elections (and you should be
too!)  She's apparently going to be in St. Louis the day before so it was
the most convenient time.  We're trying to figure out something that we can
give people who show up with their ballot stubs or voter stickers (like a
signed Medea Benjamin picture) to encourage students to vote.

Just wanted to let you all know.  We should have more info in a week, but I
wanted to ask people to save the date!

Thanks

-Jen