[Peace-discuss] the politics of greed

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 10 20:27:23 CDT 2005

(Sorry for the premature dispatch of the previous message.)

This is an important column.  When I graduated from college, a
US citizen with a BA degree could presume that he could marry,
have a child, acquire a car and a house -- on a single salary.
As Krugman points out, that changed in the '70s.  Now a
couple with BA degrees can barely afford an apartment on two
salaries -- and rarely a house, car, or kid.  And this massive
transition has largely gone unremarked.  --CGE