[Peace-discuss] Who is Norman Finkelstein, and why should you care?

David Green davegreen48 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 01:09:27 CST 2005

Fact and Fraud in the Israel-Palestine Conflict

A lecture by Professor Norman Finkelstein, DePaul
University

Who is Norman Finkelstein?

1.	The son of two Jewish concentration camp survivors.
2.	The most astute critic of Zionist historical
mythology in “Image and Reality in the
Israel-Palestine Conflict.”
3.	The first to expose in detail how the Nazi
holocaust has been used to rationalize Israel’s
criminality and U.S. support for it, in “The Holocaust
Industry.”
4.	The most cogent critic of the cynical uses of the
“new anti-Semitism” to defame critics of Israel and to
suppress intellectual freedom, especially on college
campuses (including our own, I might add).
5.	Alan Dershowitz’s worst nightmare: Professor
Finkelstein’s forthcoming book, “Beyond Chutzpah,”
plays off the title of an earlier Dershowitz tract,
and minutely dissects his recent “The Case for
Israel.” Finkelstein argues that if one looks at the
fact instead of engaging in fraud, one ends up easily
making “the case for Palestine.”

In the tradition of Professor Finkelstein’s mentor
Noam Chomsky, don’t believe me, come judge for
yourself:

When: Tuesday, March 8th,  6-8 p.m.
Where: University of Illinois College of Law at
Champaign - Urbana College of Law Auditorium