[Peace-discuss] Liberals and Schiavo

Dan Schreiber dan at sourcegear.com
Thu Mar 31 10:47:18 CST 2005

> I'm not sure I'd want people to conclude that my life should be ended on
> the basis of what purports to be a scan of my brain on the web,
> interpreted by someone who says, "I am not a medical doctor, and I do not
> evaluate human brain images as part of my daily work..."  --CGE

Well, luckily for everyone, my opinion on whether Terry Schiavo should live
isn't particularily relevant.  The opinions that matter are the independent
medical experts who have actually examined her and reported in a court of
law on her condition to conservative Republican Judge Greer, who has no ax
to grind.  Claims that Terry is disabled rather than vegetative are simply
not supported by fact - those who claim it based on snippets of videotape
are mostly being intellectually dishonest in the service of the particular
cause that Terri represents to them, and have little to do with her actual
condition.

Her brain is mostly fluid - no amount of therapy is going to reverse that.
And, instead of solid scientific data to the contrary, we are getting
character assasination against her husband and the judge from the usual
conservative news sources.

Again, if she wanted to die if in this condition, she has that right in the
state of Florida.  And, I think her husband is in the best position to know
what she would have wanted.