[Peace-discuss] CU Smokefree Forum

David Green davegreen48 at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 08:39:47 CDT 2005

>From my co-worker Scott Hays,

Hi, all!

I wanted to invite all of you to a Community Forum on
the smokefree policy for Champaign and Urbana.

Rarely has there been an opportunity to combine
information from CPRD projects with an important
community event.  There at least 3 good reasons to
attend:

1.  See the presentation by youth from Franklin Middle
School.  This is the culminating event for a
curriculum designed, developed and implemented as a
pilot by CPRD called "Engaging Youth for Positive
Change." This was conceived by Kurt and I and has
developed with Dan Cooper in Chicago along with the
involvement of several other staff.

2. See the results of the study of Champaign and
Urbana Restaurants and Bars conducted here at CPRD
with support from lots of folks including Aeri (my
intern), Mona, Julia, Cindy, Cari, MaryAnn, John, Tom,
and perhaps others I'm not even aware of.

3. You live here and it's an important community event
on an important issue.

Anyway, here are the details:

What: Community Forum on a smokefree policy for C-U
When: Wednesday, May 11, 7-9pm
Where: Champaign City Council Chambers

Thanks,

And I hope to see many of you there!