[Peace-discuss] Bush admits it

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 12:45:39 CDT 2005

Bush: Radicals Seek to Intimidate World
AP - 10-6-05

[OK, so he doesn't mean it the way we do.  I still
liked it as a headline.  And the first paragraph's not
bad either. -RB]

WASHINGTON - President Bush, trying to reverse a slide
in public support for the war in Iraq, said Thursday
that Islamic radicals are seeking to "enslave whole
nations and intimidate the world," and called that a
prime reason not to cut and run in Iraq. "There's
always a temptation in the middle of a long struggle
to seek the quiet life, to escape the duties and
problems of the world and to hope the enemy grows
weary of fanaticism and tired of murder," he said,
seeking to address calls from anti-war activists for a
U.S. troop withdrawal.