[Peace-discuss] Fwd: LONGER, BROADER WAR ON ISLAM

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 15:09:13 CDT 2005

I got this today from one of the mailing lists I'm on.  My comment below,
"embedded" in the text.

>Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:08:58 -0400
>Subject: LONGER, BROADER WAR ON ISLAM
>From: The Wisdom Fund <listserve at twf.org>
>To: "John W." jbw292002 at gmail.com
>

>THE WISDOM FUND News & Views
>MORE at http://www.twf.org/News/Y2005/1018-War.html
>DO NOT REPLY -- contact information at bottom of page
>

>October 6, 2005
>National Security Council
>
>AMERICA HAS A CLEAR STRATEGY FOR VICTORY IN THE WAR ON TERROR
>
>On October 6, 2005, President Bush Addressed The National Endowment For
>Democracy On The Nature Of The Enemy We Face And The Strategy For Victory.
>In this new century, freedom is once again under assault. The President
>outlined the ideology of the terrorists and the strategy needed to defeat
>this danger and see freedom's victory. . . .
>
>The ideology known as Islamic radicalism, militant Jihadism, or
>Islamo-fascism - different from the religion of Islam - exploits Islam to
>serve a violent political vision that calls for the murder of all those
>who do not share it. The followers of Islamic radicalism are bound
>together by their shared ideology, not by any centralized command
>structure. Although they fight on scattered battlefields, these terrorists
>share a similar ideology and vision for the world openly stated in videos,
>audiotapes, letters, declarations, and websites. . . .

You could paraphrase the first sentence with perfect accuracy to say, "The
ideology known as corporate radicalism, militant conservatism, or
capitalo-fascism - different from the religion of capitalism - exploits
capitalism to serve a violent political vision that calls for the murder of
all those who do not share it."  And of course you could go on and
paraphrase the rest of it in a similar vein....