[Peace-discuss] Re: [Wefta] Randall Cotton asks all charges be made public

Linda Evans veganlinda at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 15:04:06 CDT 2005

Believe it or not I didn't forward the post to start
anything except possibly discussion between AWARE
folks.  I have been on the wefta list for about two
years and I have tried to help out at WEFT, but had
more money than time until recently so now I'm trying
to give my time.  I am saddened and frustrated that it
is assumed that anyone involved in AWARE would blindly
support Randall without knowing the facts of the case
and I'm upset that any AWARE member is not suspect
when volunteering for WEFT.  I didn't state this
before because I didn't want to put my feelings on
what people choose to take from the email.

A very active member of the community warned me that
AWARE members involving themselves in this case when
they have had no previous or little previous
involvement in WEFT would look like "parachuting".
People in organizations do not take "parachuting"
well...this is similar to what we did with the NAACP.

I am not saying we shouldn't get involved...everyone
has to make that choice on their own.   But, since
we've talked so much about burning bridges and AWARE's
image in the community lately I thought we should know
what some were thinking and writing about the group.

It is a mistake for anyone to lump people together
just because they happen to have some organization in
common.  The members of WEFT and the members of AWARE
are all individuals (who, I agree with Sandra, need to
get out a party...Prince Myshkins will be a WEFTfest)
and rarely (if ever) would any one of us be able to
speak for the entire organization.

Take a deep breath everyone,

Linda

=== message truncated ===