[Peace-discuss] a word about Dave and an opportunity to chat

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 16 17:15:02 CDT 2005

I'm sending this both to the WEFT Associates list (wefta) and the AWARE
discussion list (peace-discuss).

First a word about Dave Madden. I like Dave a lot. In his own words, he's a
"natural born smartass" and I really love that about him. He can be very
passionate and sometimes he winds up going over the top a little 8-). I'm OK
with that if he's talking about me - I've got a very thick skin. For what
it's worth, I wasn't very upset by his posting.

He and I talked at length last night on the phone and the first thing he did
was apologize for his harsh words. I wasn't expecting an apology, it didn't
occur to me that one was called for, but I gladly accepted it (and I did
feel a little better 8-). We were friends before his posting, we talked a
good long while, I helped him see where he might have been mistaken about
some things he said, and now we're better friends because of it. Although it
was gracious of him to offer to resign, the thought is preposterous 8-)

BTW, the conflict between Dave and Phil Stinard arose simply because of an
innocent misinterpretation. Both sides understand that now and I hope we can
all let that pass.

I will NOT be attending WEFTfest tomorrow, but from 6PM to midnight I will
be around the corner a block away in the outdoor patio area of the Esquire
(NE corner of Walnut and University) to talk with absolutely anyone about
absolutely anything, in the spirit of greater understanding through
friendly, open communication 8-)

The weather is going to be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT and I encourage everyone in
the community to come out and enjoy all the great music and food at WEFTfest
and, if you like, to spend a little bit of that time around the corner in
the Esquire outdoor patio area to chat with me if you're curious 8-)

As a reminder, WEFTfest takes place at the WEFT studios at 113 N. Market
Street from 2pm-10pm, with live music broadcast from next-door at
Mike-n-Molly's Beer Garden.

2 PM:  Prince Myshkins (folk)
3 PM:  Exorna (Celtic)
4 PM:  Impalas Unplugged (blues)
5 PM:  The Old Timer's 39 1/3 Birthday Party (country)
6 PM:  Ear Doctor (jazz)
7 PM:  Ambitious Pie Party (fun rock)
8 PM:  Relenter (synth rock)
9 PM:  Eclectic Theory (rock rock)