[Peace-discuss] Race & class, re: News notes 2005-09-18

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 20 10:57:49 CDT 2005

>Ricky Baldwin wrote:
>So the President first acts like he never knew poverty
>existed, or racism, in all his time in the South, in
>America, on Earth.

I honestly believe that Bush is incapable of noticing much
beyond his own personal experiences. He has not experienced
poverty, discrimination, injustice, torture, being in a
minority, being cornered and powerless and desperate, hungry,
thirsty, and he has never watched someone he loves die in
war. He is incapable of understanding any of it until he has
experienced it. Otherwise, how could he possibly do any of
the things he has done? May his eyes somehow be opened.

-karen medina