[Peace-discuss] The Phantom of the Opera final week!

dellarte69 dellarte69 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 14:33:26 CDT 2005

Howdy all.

This is the final week to see the groundbreaking newly written musical The Prompting Theater's The Phantom Of The Opera.  This performance is the first in history (that we know of, at least) in which a full-length dramatic musical written by actors with developmental disabilties is performed by a community theater company.

Written by The Prompting Theater and performed by the Actors' Rural Theater Company, the final performances are:
Thursday, Sept 22-Saturday, Sept 24 at 7:30  and
Sunday, Sept 25 at 2:30

(and a special guest performance matinee by the Prompting Theater actors on Saturday, Sept 24 at 2:30).

Tickets are $11 ($7 for seniors/students)
(Prompting Theater performance for Saturday, Sept 24 at 2:30 ONLY.....$5-10 donation)

Please note:
Saturday, Sept 24 at 7:30 is the Black Tie Benefit performance.  We request formal wear for this performance, if possible (to create the formal environment of an 1880's opera audience).  Tickets for this benefit performance are $11-20 (sliding scale), and ticket sales go to benefit ARTCo and the Prompting Theater.

Directions to the performances:

Take I-57 south, to Pesotum/Route 45 exit (exit 220). Turn right.

Head west for about 7 miles.

You will see a sign saying Tuscola (and an arrow pointing left), and a flashing yellow light. Turn left at street, following sign’s directions.

Cross over the train tracks. Once over, you will see a stop sign. At stop sign, turn right.

Go down about 5-6 blocks, turn left on Overton (right before Overton is Ensey).

Go past stop sign. Fine Arts Center is on your right, two/three houses down. The Fine Arts Center looks like an old church (because it was, and was converted into a theater space).

211 E. Overton, Tuscola

253-6699

http://mail.yahoo.com