[Peace-discuss] anti-war headlines

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 09:08:45 CDT 2005

Check out the DI today...

America protests war in Iraq
Tim Schwab
Washington, D.C. - Saturday, nearly five hours after
the beginning of the anti-war march at the capital,
hundreds of war protesters were still in motion,
completing the loop past the White House.

A group of students from the University were among the
last to finish, joining dozens of others from
Champaign-Urbana and over 100,000 people from
elsewhere.

www.dailyillini.com

Also on the front page is an article about Cindy
Sheehan's arrest, and inside a story on Lynndie
England's conviction AND an anti-war column by Eric
Naing.  Don't look for the concluding paragraph of the
lead story today - it's lost in cyberspace or
somewhere - but I'd say the rest of the paper makes up
for it.

The News-Gazette could very well have an interview
with some of our own in today's edition, too.  Good
day for local newspapers.

I also have a hastily written letter to the editor in
the DI, denouncing their article yesterday on pro-war
demos.  Sorry about it.  A little embarrassing now,
but maybe there's a lesson in that.

Anyway-
Ricky