[Peace-discuss] Spat on?

Morton K. Brussel brussel at uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 15 10:01:34 CDT 2006

Thanks for your reflections, Karen. I respect them. The conversation
could continue…  In any case, I'm not advocating any aggressive
action against the returning troops. I'm saying that they don't
deserve a pedestal, and cheering. How much "welcome" they deserve and
is in all of our best interests is more complicated. Their families
and friends certainly will welcome them, and no one will begrudge
that, but all this hoopla is intended to glorify what they, agents of
our government, did. I don't buy into that.

Mort