[Peace-discuss] Obama

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:59:56 CDT 2006

I checked Obama's web page and called the DC and Springfield offices, and it
seems that he has no more town meetings scheduled during the recess. There
was one in Barrington yesterday. I am curious to know if there were meetings
downstate.

In any event, he has an office in Springfield, which we might like to
target, perhaps in conjunction with our friends in Bloomington-Normal,
Springfield, and Decatur. We had a raucous demonstration at Alan Dixon's
office in Springfield in 1986(?), protesting his vote for "Contra Aid." I
don't recall that the fact that "Al the Pal" was not himself physically
present markedly dampened the proceedings.

Who is up for a little road trip? Springfield is 90 minutes away. It would
be festive. The demonstration season is upon us.