[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Spam levels

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 3 15:10:49 CDT 2006

Since we now have two folks who've volunteered to help moderate - Stuart Levy
and Robert Naiman (and a third who can "probably" help - Wendy), I'll propose at
this Sunday's AWARE meeting that we switch the list to moderate posts from
non-list-members. One serious concern, I have, though, is that, in my opinion,
it should be understood that no post should be censored on either peace or
peace-discuss unless there can be no reasonable doubt that it is automated SPAM.
That's been the policy I've followed for the three years or so I've been doing
this and I feel that policy should be continued and formally approved.

So I'll make the following four (separate) proposals for both peace and
peace-discuss:

1. Moderators censor messages only when there can be no reasonable doubt that
they are automated SPAM.
2. Stuart and Robert (and Wendy if she really does want to pitch in) be added as
list administrators (anyone else?, the more the merrier 8-)
3. That Molly Stentz be removed as a list administrator (she may have done list
administration in the past, but hasn't for at least 3 years and I recently
learned she has moved to Madison anyway).
4. That Zach Miller be removed as a list administrator (again, this is old
history - Zach hasn't done list administration for at least 3 years, he is
moving further and further away from IMC sysadmin duties and has also moved away
to Chicago).
5. That we switch to moderating posts from non-list-members