[Peace-discuss] antiwar idea for video geeks...confronting Congress during the recess...

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 18:03:48 CST 2006

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas or leads with regards to the following.

You may know that my friend Sam Husseini has a project called
Washington Stakeout. They wait outside the studios in Washington on
Sunday for the talkshow guests to come out and then they ask them
questions and post the video.

For example, on Sunday Sam asked Harry Reid if voting to continue to
fund the President's policy in Iraq wouldn't be, in fact, support for
the policy.
http://www.washingtonstakeout.com/index.php/2006/12/17/senator-harry-reid-questioned-about-war-budget-war-support/

So we were thinking that, following up on this, it would be cool if
during the recess, around the country, folks would try to catch their
Reps, ask their Rep, say, if they will vote not to continue funding
for the war, capture it on video, upload it to some central place.

For example, we could ask folks to upload it to You Tube or Google or
IndyMedia, whatever they prefer, and send us a link, then we could
gather all the links on a page on the Just Foreign Policy site, so
there would be one web page where you could go and check all the reps.
Sort of like a video scorecard.

So, I'm wondering if anyone of you is kind of savvy about the
technical/video part of this or knows someone who is. I want to figure
out if this would be feasible for enough people to do so that it
wouldn't look lame by just having a couple of entries.

Thoughts?

Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy
www.justforeignpolicy.org