[Peace-discuss] Darfur

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Sun Feb 12 22:51:22 CST 2006

Military intervention is incredibly hard for me to support.
But protecting those who are defenseless is vitally
important. To me, United Nations intervention is much better
than United States intervention, but any military occupation
is distasteful. I am torn.

-karen medina
Ricky wrote:
Chomsky's remark that we had three options [in Kosovo] : not
intervene, intervene to make the situation better, and
intervene to make the situation worse (we chose the third -
and the "ethnic cleansing" our government was ostensibly so
worried about spiked dramatically as soon as we attacked,
not to mention the thousands of Kosovar civilians driven
from their homes by the US bombs themselves).