[Peace-discuss] Darfur

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 13 08:43:55 CST 2006

I asked some friends who tend to be involved in humanitarian
work about Darfur. They gave a few links where there are some
reports and information.

www.iabolish.org
savedarfur.org

A friend in the UK also gave us a contact person if we are
interested.

http://www.svp.org.uk/content/news.php
Contact person: Ian Mawdsley

Part of an email from Alyssa:
My father works sometimes with the Sudanese church in
Houston. The horror stories about slavery and the
extermination of Sudanese Christians appear to be true, and
more, from the few Sudanese I have spoken to. I would
strongly encourage your peace organization to become involved
in the growing voice against what is happening in Sudan. Who
is the speaker you are looking to bring in? Perhaps I can ask
the people we are in contact with in Houston about him or her.
[I sent her Simon Deng's name late last night.]

-karen medina