[Peace-discuss] Rally Tues against cartoons

bdolinar at uiuc.edu bdolinar at uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 13 12:30:18 CST 2006

Hey all.

As it turns out, the Muslim students are taking action!
Spread the word!  Bring a friend!  BD

Peaceful Demonstration Tuesday

This Tuesday from 12 to 2:30, we will, as a coalition of over
15 organizations and as members of the community at large,
hold a peaceful demonstration on the main quad.

We hope ! not only to educate the media and the public about
Prophet Muhammad, but also about the respect and dignity
people of all faiths grant their ! religious leaders. These
peaceful events also serve as a mechanism to unite people of
all faiths in solidarity. Rather than burn embassies or
protest violently, all peoples should stand firmly with one
another and peacefully condemn all forms of hate.

Schedule:
12-1:00 Speaker who will talk about hate speech, the aft!
ermath of these cartoons, and the importance of informed dialogue
12-2:30 pass out statement against hate and informational
fliers about upcoming educational events

Other Details:
Signs: "Yes to free speech; no to hate speech"

Please encourage all to come out to the demonstration.
Contact:
Shaz Kaiseruddin MSA | kaiserud at law.uiuc.edu | 312.479.1155
Reem Rahman CAIR-UIUC | rrahman2 at uiuc.edu | 217.493.0912
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.