[Peace-discuss] Recruitment

Regina Cassidy rcassidy at parkland.edu
Tue Feb 14 12:35:00 CST 2006

Actually, a military recruitment center has been smack in the middle of Times Square for at least 30 years.  I don't think that is equally as harmful as recruiting captive high school students.

Gina
>>> "Janine Giordano" <jgiord2 at uiuc.edu> 02/13/06 6:37 PM >>>
A military recruitment center has also sprung up right smack in the middle
of Times Square in New York City. The Department of Homeland Security has
also increased their budget for funding PhDs. Part of the funding agreement,
as far as I know, is two internships of "research" at Homeland Security
facilities. One of my friends who has one (four years full funding!) is
doing "research" related to domestic "security," and had a couple different
options of "research sites" to select, across the country. It really scares
me that all of "schooling" is easily bending into the military agenda.