[Peace-discuss] Darfur talk

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 22 22:16:03 CST 2006

Thanks for the helpful summary, Mort.  Regarding "the long and
tragic history of the black peoples in Sudan" -- aren't all
the parties involved in Darfur, oppressors and oppressed
alike, black (and Muslim)?  Here much of "Darfur awareness"
(e.g., the article in the "Black History Month" issue of the
Public i) seems to suggest that blacks there are being
oppressed by Arabs, who it is implied are in some sense
non-black. --CGE