[Peace-discuss] RE: The Christmas He Dreamed for All of Us

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 4 02:00:59 CST 2006

There are those who apparently think that this topic shouldn't
be broached at all, that it violates liberal notions of good
order.  On the contrary, I think that we should follow the
recommendations of Luke 12, etc.  Practically that might mean
discussing it in our sad substitutes for the public square
(C-U N-G, WILL, etc.), making it a focus for an AWARE Presents
forum, or organizing some panels or discussions within the
university.  (Robert McKim, an AWARE fellow-traveler and chair
of the religious studies program at UIUC, has written about
the silence of the churches in regard to this war.) --CGE