[Peace-discuss] Oxfam in Iraq

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Sun Jan 8 21:05:14 CST 2006

Karen Medina wrote:
> I agree completely. I'll ask Oxfam first.

Oxfam International says that Yes, they are in Iraq. The Oxfams that
they say are there are the following 6: Oxfam Australia, Oxfam Germany,
Intermón Oxfam (Spain), Oxfam Great Britain, Oxfam Hong Kong, and Oxfam
Québec.

Oxfam Québec says that they are not in Iraq. Hmmmm.

Oxfam Great Britain says that they have suspended all direct operations
in Iraq as of 19 April 2004 :
"From May 2003, Oxfam concentrated on getting clean water to the people
of Iraq. However, deteriorating security has forced Oxfam to cease
operations for the foreseeable future."

I'll keep looking, but this does not sound too good.

-karen medina