[Peace-discuss] Global warming and human civilization

Linda Evans veganlinda at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 00:38:39 CST 2006

I'm sorry I missed such an interesting discussion.  I
don't have time to send links, but just for the sake
of argument there are a lot of things we could
advocate that would help the environment or the
resources.  Plant-based diets made up of primarily
locally grown organic produce, walking/biking/mass
transit, alternative fuel just to name three that pop
into my head.

Has anyone on the list read "Cradle to Cradle"?  It
has been a few years since I read it, but basically we
have to change the way we do things in a fundamental
way.  Recycling is not going to cut it, population
control won't even do it...we have to start living
like all the other creatures on the planet.  All the
other creatures give back even with their "waste".

I am happy to work toward what I think Mort's end goal
is, but I'm a little worried about telling people how
many children they should have.  It is easy since
AWARE is made up of mostly people who have had their
children (and grandchildren as the case may be) for us
to go around espousing population control.

Interesting topic and I'm glad we are getting into the
world resource issues.

Linda

http://money.cnn.com/2006/01/17/news/economy/climate_fortune/i