[Peace-discuss] (no subject)

karen medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 23 10:08:04 CDT 2006

Tracy Nectoux wrote:
> "Hate" is not always a bad or negative emotion.

I have been thinking about this all night. I think I disagree. Hate does
things to the one doing the hating.

1) Hate is a waste of energy, time, and other resources.
I am watching 2 dogs. They both love to play fetch. For one dog, she
just loves the game. For the other dog, he loves the game, but he
constantly watching that the female doesn't get his "stuff" including
more attention from me. He doesn't realize that he is missing out by
being more concerned with protecting his stuff.

2) Hate is the moment when we are most like the other.

-karen medina