[Peace-discuss] AWARE's outreach to other groups

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 3 20:59:20 CST 2006

Phil said:
 > attending the church in question and trying to see things from their
 > perspective.

For instance, the members of a church I have been attending are so
varied that there are pockets of people who are for the war, larger
pockets who are against the war, yet the ministers rarely say much about
it one way or another.

But I am still not sure why we feel we have to treat churches with kid
gloves. Churches are led by human beings, not deities. I am not saying
be disrespectful, just why should we be afraid to ask the question
"which way do our beliefs call us to act on the issue?"

-karen medina