[Peace-discuss] now is different; all they have to do is ask and we'll leave

karen medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 11 09:51:52 CST 2006

I just thought I would throw these two out as discussion topics:

1) AWARE is now encountering people who say that now that there are
armed people (Iraqis and some outsiders) walking around with guns and
more powerful arms, that withdrawing US troops would be even worse than
staying; and some of these comments are coming from former strong
believers that the US should withdraw.

2) A second criticism is that "if the Iraqis really wanted us out, all
they would have to do is say so and we would have to leave by
International law."

-karen medina