[Peace-discuss] AWARE's other mention yesterday in the Daily Illini

Morton K. Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Thu Mar 16 10:54:16 CST 2006

Thanks Brian for your reflection. What I said was:

"Finally, let us remember that we have often faulted the German
people for having gone along with Hitler’s aggressions, occupations,
and dreadful persecutions. I suspect that we would reject the notion
that they had to support their troops and their government in
whatever they did in those terrible WWII years. Our situation now is
similar, if less dire, but differs most importantly in that in our
country we are still free to express our wishes that war and
occupation are wrong and harmful and must be stopped. The Germans had
far lesser options."

I believe the parallel is important in making folks realize that our
foreign policy is a local issue when its consequences are ignored by
our reps in Congress. --Anyway, they can't fire me, but I suppose
they can burn me at the stake.

Mort