[Peace-discuss] One response to 5/21 N-G letter! Hope others will respond too!

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Mon May 22 11:40:20 CDT 2006

Upon learning about the U.S. governments policy of pre-emptive war,
torture, and the domestic loss of citizen’s rights I was looking for a
way to demonstrate my patriotic impulse to stand up for democracy.  I
joined AWARE, the local anti-war anti-racism effort.
Sunday May 21 John Hall of Urbana seemed to imply that AWARE is somehow
a hood wearing global terrorist sympathizing group with a global
outreach.
I suggest that Mr. Hall might want to attend one of our weekly meeting
held each Sunday from 5-6:30 PM at the Independent Media Center located
at 202 S. Broadway Avenue in Urbana and learn first hand that contrary
to his misinformation we are just a group of his neighbors who love
democracy and want to be a part of the solution to ending war and
racism.  We are open to those who oppose all forms of violence and
racism.  Included among our members are ordinary folks, wanting to make
a positive difference.  All are welcome!
Mr. Hall asks “has AWARE gone global”, a worldwide group advocating an
end to war and a halt to racism.  Now that would really put central
Illinois on the map.  What a concept!  Come join the effort!