[Peace-discuss] Adams Billboard *Vote Yes to Impeach* a precise political statement

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Wed May 24 17:26:37 CDT 2006

AWARE and Friends:
Below is the message from Adams Outdoor Advertising.  As you can see
they have a problem with placing one of our Ballot initiatives on a
Billboard.  Adams response seems to be in the realm of double talk.  A
copy of the actual design will be brought to the AWARE meeting this
Sunday May 28 so folks might see it first hand.  ( graphics to large to
post)  The design Adams "feels comfortable with" is a ballot with only
one item for voters to approve:
[ X ]  Bring the Troops Home NOW!
If you are interested you might be thinking about how we proceed since
the GM feels that this being a public service message and Adams being
"simply the advertising provider" Adams wouldn't feel comfortable
making such a precise political statement such as: ( [X] Impeach
Bush/Cheney).
I guess I wonder about this since AWARE and other Peace groups are
paying for the BillBoard after-all.
Bring ideas and suggestions for what we do next!

Below is the message from Zack the graphic design person from Adams.
Here's the two billboard layouts that we talked about.  The first one
is similar to the previous layout that we did, with the changes we
talked about on Monday.  The second board is the voter's ballot idea
that you wanted to go with for Oct. - Nov.  We put together that layout
just as you wanted with the exception of the 'impeach Bush & Cheney'
line.  After talking with our GM we feel that with this being a public
service message we wouldn't feel comfortable making such a precise
political statement, since we are simply the advertising provider.  If
you have any questions, please contact Rick Mills, our General Manager.
Thanks, and let us know what you think.