[Peace-discuss] Letter to the N-G

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 23:04:26 CST 2006

At 01:47 PM 11/15/2006, Randall Cotton wrote:

>Inspirational! Thanks Mort. Makes me want to write my own letter to the editor
>on impeachment 8-) I hope others will, too.

Much as I'd like to see Bush and Cheney and a few others in the present
neocon administration not only disgraced but also criminally prosecuted and
sentenced to the same fate to which Saddan Hussein has been sentenced, our
impeachment process is quite time and labor intensive, and offers only the
remedy of disgrace and removal from office.  I think history will disgrace
Bush Jr. quite enough.  I think I'd rather see our new Democratic
legislative bodies legislating universal health care and tax incentives for
alternative energy technologies, reaffirming the various international
treaties to which we have pledged our national sacred honor, etc.

That's probably a pipe dream too, though, because Dubya would undoubtedly
veto anything that was truly wise and beneficial.  If Bush and Cheney were
simultaneously impeached, at least we'd end up with Nancy Pelosi as
President, and we MIGHT be able to get a few positive things accomplished.

John Wason