[Peace-discuss] Street on Obama on the war

Chas. 'Mark' Bee c-bee1 at itg.uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 21 09:30:26 CST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at uiuc.edu>
To: "Peace Discuss" <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net>
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 8:34 PM
Subject: [Peace-discuss] Street on Obama on the war

> [The strenuous self-promoter Barack Obama offered his wisdom on Iraq to
> the Chicago Council on Global Affairs today.  Not surprisingly, his
> wisdom differed little from that of the Bush administration, although he
> wanted to pretend it did.  Paul Street, recently AWARE's guest, has a
> good take on the real war views of this awful fraud. --CGE]

  Uh oh!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/20/obama.iraq/index.html

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama called Monday for U.S. troops
to start leaving Iraq in 2007, arguing that the threat of an American
pullout is the best leverage Washington has left in the conflict.

"The time for waiting in Iraq is over. It is time to change our policy,"
said Obama, a freshman Democrat from Illinois touted as a possible national
candidate in 2008.