[Peace-discuss] City of Champaign Township Referendum, canvassing and forum, starting Sat.

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 15:07:54 CDT 2006

This information is from Esther Patt (about the canvass) and Claudia
Lennhoff (about the forum.) Please forward, pass along and post where
appropriate.

---

On November 7, there will be a referendum on the ballot to lift the tax cap
in order to properly fund the City of Champaign Township so it can meet its
mandate to assist the poor.

We need your help to distribute a flyer to as many City of Champaign
Township households as we can cover on foot. Won't you donate some of your
time for this very worthy cause?
We will not be knocking or stopping to talk with people, THIS IS JUST A LIT
DROP!
What could be easier?

Each weekend for the next five weeks, we will be organizing walking parties
for these times:
Saturdays 10:00am -12:30 pm
Saturdays  2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Sundays  1:30pm-4:00 pm

We plan to start out by meeting at the Champaign County Healthcare Consumers
office, 44 Main Street in Champaign (across from Jupiter's), to pick up
flyers, get our marching orders! and walking maps--so we would meet promptly
at the beginning of each time window: Saturdays 10AM, 2PM, Sundays at 1:30
PM.

We know everyone is busy campaigning, but this campaign is important to help
the poorest of the poor in our community. Please let us know if you can
help, and how many sessions you could walk, and IF YOU KNOW OF OTHERS,
PLEASE PASS THIS EMAIL ON TO THEM!

Thank you for your help!
Esther Patt

Contact/Questions: Esther Patt <estherpatt at hotmail.com>

-----

>From Claudia:

October 19, 6:30 there will be a public educational forum on the
referendum, in the City of Champaign building.

--
Robert Naiman