[Peace-discuss] student Darfur action group

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 22:31:47 CDT 2006

I ran into members of the student Darfur action group
today, and spoke with them as we discussed at this
week's AWARE meeting.  I told them we would like to
have them attend a meeting sometime soon to talk over
the issues.

They'd be delighted to come October 25 if that's ok.

I did reiterate that we would not be an easy audience
and attempted again to summarize the major concerns
raised, with Carl's concern in mind and not wanting to
"sandbag" anyone.  I also promised to email them more
about these, so they won't be taken by surprise at the
meeting.

I told them we had discussed setting aside about 20
minutes for the discussion and hurrying thru our other
business afterward.

They didn't recall anyone from their group having
spoken at an AWARE meeting before.

I await the pleasure of the group.
Ricky