[Peace-discuss] great anti-war coverage last nite

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 29 08:19:19 CST 2006

For folks who didn't watch both Channel 3 and 15 news
last nite at 10, the Arab Student Assoc-AWARE protest
got excellent coverage on both (despite interviewing
me).

Channel 3 in particular focussed on the two AWARE
referenda, repeatedly noting that a majority of
Americans     are now critical of the war in one way
or another (tho the one statistic they mentioned was
just the "handled badly" crowd - still, as tv coverage
goes I like it.  I believe the phrase at one point was
"nearly three-fourths" of Americans agree with us.
They also covered another locale - Sangamon County
(sp?) - where they have an anti-war referendum!  Very
cool.

Channel 15 focussed on the Green Party candidates who
were there, which is fine, but the report didn't
mention the referenda.  Too bad, but the reporter did
say over and over how 'the protesters' believe
widespread opposition to the war will be evident at
the polls Nov. 7!  Still godd, I'm thinking, because
IF folks would really go into the booth thinking "I'm
gonna vote against the war however I can" and happen
to find our referenda, the result would be excellent.

Good work, everybody!  We're getting there!

Ricky